- On my way to the District and Circle platform I pass a notice stating that an escalator is out of service.
- I cough up and march towards the escalator.
- Canada also proposed an escalator clause for an airline to increase services if its aircraft were more than 65 per cent full.
- In Jez Welsh's Forest Fires (1983-;90), the key auditory experience is that of the viewer's feet trampling over woodland debris on the gallery floor; Tina Keane's Escalator (1988) invites an almost architectural experience, as you walk through, below, behind and around the multiple screens.
- On the next level, once again both down-escalators are out of service and once again the stationary escalator is littered with rubbish.
- All he saw was the street under his feet; the escalator at the station suddenly yawning under him; the signs in yellow paint saying: "DANGER".
- As she descended the escalator towards the platforms, she noticed the digital clock in the ceiling.
- On this day: Peterborough Cathedral was consecrated, 1238; Miles Coverdale's translation of the Bible was published, 1535; William Smith founded the Boys Brigade, Glasgow 1883; the first public escalator was opened, Earl's Court underground station 1911; Hitler and Mussolini met at the Brenner Pass, 1940; the USSR launched Sputnik 1, the world's first artificial satellite, 1957; the first transatlantic passenger jet service started operating, 1958; USSR's Lunik III, took the first close-up pictures of the moon, 1959; Pope Paul VI visited New York, the first pope to visit America, 1965.
- A woman pulls a boy child by his little hand toward the escalator leading down to the Piccadilly Line.
- This is the site of productive tension in Tina Keane's Escalator , poised between corporeality and virtuality, politics and aesthetics, Symbolic and Imaginary in its account of homelessness as actuality and metaphor.
- These are common: the night after King's Cross a hoax caller reported a fire on an Underground escalator.
- With the conference appearing doomed to collapse over the issue of the fifth freedom, Canada made a last-ditch effort to save the situation by proposing the first four freedoms, and one weekly round-trip flight that could be increased under an escalator clause of 65 per cent capacity and over.
- Walk up escalator on way to work.
LMBomber - программа для запоминания иностранных слов