- Policies with prefix letters PM or FM (Motor Car), MC (Motor Cycle) or CM (Commercial Vehicle - excluding policies numbered lower than 100,000) will qualify for a Special Discount of just under 6% where the policies have been in force continuously for at least three years when they are renewed during the year commencing 1st July 1981.
- Rhode Schwarz take space to congratulate EBU on "the great success achieved with RDS adding, not too disinterestedly, "the fact that our equipment is supporting RDS in more than a thousand FM radio stations worldwide makes us rather proud".
- Radios 2 and 3 have irrevocably lost listeners now that they have been squeezed on to FM only; so will Radio 1, which is to meet the same fate.
- "No FM patent - no financial benefit, 0.00," warned the Patent Office.
- They found it had not been modified in any way and could not operate on the 27-;28 MHz frequency (the FM Citizens' Band).
- For anyone on a long car journey, FM will never produce a solid clear path like the long-wave (LW) which carries Radio 4 the length and breadth of the land, up hill and down dale.
- He killed himself because he was literally sick to death of fighting some of the largest manufacturers of FM radios for the royalties they owed him.
- Carry On Up the Zeitgeist (Radio 4, FM, Friday mornings) is gentle, intelligent, connective.
- 152 FM Cup
- If they were starting again, the engineers would not do FM this way.
- 2 FM Cup
- Wrong number: FM radio earned Edwin Armstrong (inset) millions of dollars
- The truth about FM is that when it is good, it is very, very good; when it is bad, it is horrid.